Saturday, 27 February 2010

Using it Up

I'm still on my quest to use up odd bits and pieces and this jig saw piece was from a child's puzzle bought in a charity shop which I painted with gesso, sponged with coloured inks and then thick embossed and it has been lyinng around for ages so I combined it with some bright papers and a flower made up from oddments in my flower collection. The stamped sentiment from Stampin Up is on a Nellies die cut.

Friday, 26 February 2010

Handmade Flowers

My friend Anne tells me she has managed to do a scheduled post so I'm about to try to see if I can have any success this time. If this publishes today I might just have to make something else to publish tomorrow!!!

Background paper here is by Papermania from ages ago with the addition of a Whimsical Words stamp by stampin Up. The flowers were hand made combining a stamped image from My Mind's Eye with the centre 'roses' being made from punched shapes - again small and fiddly. The background paper was overstamped with the same flower.

Craftwork Ovals

Craftwork Cards challenge has reached the letter O for ovals and I've used two of their colour me ovals - coloured with Copic pen - mounted onto their scalloped ovals also coloured using the same pen. Background paper is from Joanna sheen's Eastern Treasures CD and the flowers are made from Craftwork pearlised card die cut flowers which have been put through a cuttlebug embossing folder. The addition of some ribbon; a punched leaf; silver peel-offs and some small flowers with diamante centres from my stash complete this challenge card.

Thursday, 25 February 2010

Bloomin with Butterflies

This card has used stamps from two sets by stampin Up - Bloomin with Beauty and Flight of the Butterfly. Image was coloured with Copic pens and some of the flowers have been decoupaged. Background paper is an odd piece from my box of 'bits' so not sure where it came from. Butterflies were stamped, cut out and added.

Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Grungeboard Element

I've used a Tim Holtz grungeboard element to frame this stamped image from Eastern Grasses by Elusive Images. The frame was coloured with fired brick Distress Ink and had Distress Stickles applied to give a subtle glitter effect. background paper is from Artylicious.

Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Another card using the cupcake stamped images stamped when visiting a friend. This time I used the individual cupcakes coloured with Copics and cut out. I popped them through my tiny Xyron X machine and glittered with Glamour Dust. The birthday cake is from Stampin Up as is the background paper. The sentiment from the cupcake set has been cut out with a Nestabilities label with the edges sponged with ink.

Monday, 22 February 2010

Happy Moments

This birthday cake and sentiment are from stampin Up's Happy Moments set, background paper from Papermania, flowers built from oddments in my collection and Nellies dies were used - also a Fiskars border punch and some dotty ribbon. Image coloured with Copic pens.

Sunday, 21 February 2010


Challenge 40 on Allsorts blog is to include a tag, or label on a card and it just so happens that I've made a couple of cards with tags this week after reading an excellent tutorial on background techniques and tags in the Graphicus Guild newsletter. Adirondack dye inks and Perfect Pearls have been used together with stamps from Elusive Images and background paper from Artylicious. The rose on the tag was made from punched shapes using a small flower punch and being small it was seriously fiddly to make.