Saturday, 27 June 2009


I've been to a jewellery workshop today and here is the necklace I designed and made to practice my skills in using jump rings and turning loops. It is in shades of green and turquoise although the light has reflected off the shell pieces so they don't show their true colour. I just hope all the rings are properly closed so that it doesn't fall to pieces when I wear it!

Friday, 26 June 2009

Patchwork Bag

I've been doing a bit of stitching and have made a patchwork bag in an effort to use up some of my stash of fabrics. It isn't a very large bag so hasn't really made much of a dent in the stash but I thought these batik fabrics were bright and cheery - just what I need this morning as it is very dark and chucking it down after a night of thunder storms and rain. A normal English summer in fact!!

Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Bird Song

This card is the result of a stamping session using some of the stamps in the Elusive Images bird set. The eggs are stamped with fluid chalk ink and then overstamped using Versafine.

Monday, 22 June 2009

E is for Elephant

...and here is the card I have made to send along with the ATCs. The image and background paper are from Joanna Sheen's CD with wonderful illustrations by Jane Netley Mayhew. I didn't have a matching flower so sprayed a pink one and a yellow one with Glimmer mists.

E is For ...

I have reached the letter E in the alphabet ATC swap and here are three ready to be popped in the post

Sunday, 21 June 2009

Brocade Shadow

This effect was achieved by inking up a stamp from the Elusive Images brocade set using Distress ink and spritzing it lightly with water before stamping on watercolour paper to give a blurred effect. The stamp was cleaned and inked with Versafine ink, then stamped again over the top for a shadow effect. Edges of the panel were sponged with Distress ink.