Saturday, 30 May 2009
I've managed to make a card to cover two challenges. Cute Card Thursday is 'Bling' and Just Magnolia challenge 7 is 'Animals and Insects'.
A variety of stamps used with masks to make a scene. The tree is by Ollyphant, grass and leaves are See Dees and the remainder are Magnolia stamps. Flowers were made using Quickcutz dies and Xcut punches. Gems were added for a bit of 'Bling'.
Friday, 29 May 2009
The Tanda Teaser challenge this week was 'Ahoy me Mateys' set by Wendy and luckily I had a Timmy Pirate stamp. Unfortunately I couldn't really find anything else suitable to add so have made a fairly simple card which I'm sure will appeal to a small boy.
Thursday, 28 May 2009
Why is it whenever I visit a craft shop something always jumps into my basket?? I have to pass my local craft shop to get to the village and it would be really rude not to call in. This time it was a set of Ollyphant clear stamps. Colouring was done with Copics and I added flowers and some faux brads from Craftwork Cards.
Wednesday, 27 May 2009
I was making this card for the Allsorts 'no stamped image' challenge until I realised that I had in fact used stamps in making the background so didn't think it would qualify. The main image is a Cuttlebug embossing folder and the dragonflies are giltter peel-offs stuck onto coloured card and cut out. The greeeting was computer generated and punched out with Stampin Up punches.
Tuesday, 26 May 2009
Allsorts Challenge 2 this week is 'No Stamped Image' so I've made a card using a Sizzix die to cut a large swirl and some flowers. The flowers are a good way of using up some of the small scraps of card which I can never bring myself to throw away! The tips of the flowers were sponged with fluid chalk ink, as was the Dovecraft background paper.
Monday, 25 May 2009
Penny Black Saturday challenge 50 is Buttons Galore and I remembered I had some button paper somewhere in my stash so that would be a start if I could unearth it!! Luckily it came to light so I used it as a background to a stamped flower image and used a Cuttlebug border embossing folder to make a button strip so although there are no actual buttons on the card, I hope there are enough to meet the challenge.