A quick fancy fold thankyou card made to send off with the first of my alphabet themed ATCs. Linda was keen to work with this theme and promptly sent me a couple so I will have to start working on the 'B's now. A Personal Impressions scene was stamped with Adirondack dye ink and brushed out with a water brush, background paper is K and Co.
Saturday, 18 April 2009
Friday, 17 April 2009
The Tanda Teaser challenge this week was to use watercolouring on a card. I decided to use their Timmy fisherman stamp which was coloured using watercolour pencils and a water brush.
My son is a keen fisherman so that's his birthday card sorted for this year!
Thursday, 16 April 2009
The theme for the April challenge at Graphicus is blossom and/or to use the colours of pink and green. I have used fluid chalk inks for the backgrounds, also some Artylicious paper. The main image is from an Elusive Images stamp plate, as is the small flower at the top.
Wednesday, 15 April 2009
Tuesday, 14 April 2009
I swap ATCs with a fellow stamper and have suggested we work our way through the alphabet as a theme - not original I know but sometimes it is difficult to think of what to do and a set theme does focus the mind (and challenge it for some of the letters I imagine). Here is what I have come up with so far for the letter A and I've not decided which one to send yet.
Monday, 13 April 2009
Sunday, 12 April 2009
A Mona Lisa card - the main image stamp was inked using three colours of Adirondack dye ink then lightly spritzed with water before stamping onto heavy watercolour paper. The torn edges were inked direct from the ink pads and spritzed to make the colour bleed. This is an effect I quite like with certain stamps - results are somewhat unpredictable and often the second impression is better than the first.