Saturday, 21 February 2009

Green and Gold

My new Elusive Images butterfly stamps arrived this week and this is the first card made using one of them. Stamped and embossed onto card sprayed with Glimmer Mists, using Versafine ink. The seed heads and butterfly were painted using Glimmer Mists.

Thursday, 19 February 2009

Tiptoe Through the Tulips

This was the theme for the Tanda weekly challenge and this is my 'take' on it. The stamp is an unmounted clear stamp of unknown origins.

Wednesday, 18 February 2009

A Challenge Card

The February challenge at Graphicus is to use the colours of brick and teal to produce a piece of work. I didn't have any actual teal ink pads but used Adirondack dye ink in stream together with Distress ink in fired brick. Stamps are Elusive Images.

Tuesday, 17 February 2009

Another Rose

Here is yet another rose card - I've just realised I'd been calling them Damask roses when in fact they are Harlequin roses from the Elusive Images stamp plate of that name. Senior moments or what??? This was an attempt to get a blended watercolour effect using Inktense pencils and I realise it needs more practise.

Monday, 16 February 2009

A Spiral Rope

Another neccklace finished yesterday. I had made the spiral rope part using size 11 beads, short bugles and size 15 beads but not decided what to add to it until I spotted a pair of star ear-rings in the current Bead magazine - one of these stars proved to be just right. It has been made in such a way that the 'dangle' can be interchangeable.

Sunday, 15 February 2009

Heart Necklace

I made this necklace a little while ago from instructions in Bead Magazine. and thought it appropriate for Valentine's Day (a day late I know!). Unfortunately it doesn't sit as well around my neck as I would like and keeps twisting round - maybe I have a funny neck!!! I did enjoy making it although it took quite a long time using size 11 seed beads.