I tried a letterpress technique using an embossing folder and distress Oxide Ink - the piece was not embossed. I rubbed the ink pad directly and partially onto one side of the folder and spritzed with water before carefully pressing a piece of white card onto the inky surface. While it was still wet I sprinkled with salt and left to dry which has left some interesting texture and also slightly changed the colour of the ink in places. Not wishing to cover up too much of the resulting pattern I've cut a panel using edge dies, stamped a sentiment and then simply overlaid a die cut flower.
Background - paper from Artylicious which I seem to have had forever
Sentiment - from free set which came with a magazine
Flower - die from Tattered Lace
Edge dies - from Lawn Fawn (curve) and Die-namics(straight edge)