Pages

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Make My Monday Challenge 38

It seems an absolute age since I actually made a card I've almost forgotten how and last week disappeared so quickly - I don't think I even managed any challenges - apologies are due I'm sure.  I can hardly believe it is Wednesday already this week but at least I've managed to make something for the Make My Monday ROMANCE challenge which this week is to use diamonds and flourishes. The background paper is Vintage Shabby by Tim Holtz and I chose a piece with swirls - the heart from Chocolate Baroque was stamped and embossed onto another piece of the same paper with diamonds. Gilding flakes were used with flitter glue onto some black card using a stamp from Indigo Blu and I added some die cut 'lace' (Tim Holtz die), A swirl (Sizzix die) cut from a piece of sprayed card from my 'bit box' and a computer sentiment cut out using Stampin Up punches.  All being well I'm aiming to spend some time in the craft room today because I'm not sure I will have much time tomorrow or Friday. Now it is almost March there will be a new challenge theme to look forward to next Monday so watch out for that.


11 comments:

  1. Lovely card Val like your swirl and your heart stamp can cover many occasions...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Val love the shabby chic look!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sueprbly effective with the swirly flourish die-cut pikcing up on the pattern in the paper. I know what you mean about time - it seems very elusive.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Val, I love the flittered background. Gorgeous colours to.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Val! Love the darker harlequin panel against the swirly pale background. Thank you for joining us at MMM. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val, another gorgeous MMM challenge card from you.. love the papers and colour scheme
    Suzi b xx
    ps. My Inktense pencils turned up (thank goodness) in the vellum draw!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Val. Love the colours, especially this TH paper. Really shabby chic! Welcome bank to blog land - we've missed you......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever about the diamonds! ;) LOVE this--it's very gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely, beautiful colours too. Thanks for playing along this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous card Val. Wonderful contrast in the background papers and the heart is fabulous.
    Thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge at MMM.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colours and a very pretty card. Thank you for your continued support at MMM.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete