Pages

Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Snippets Challenge #542

 A Christmas card to take along to the Snippets Playground this time and I so nearly fell into the trap of ordering a newly released snow globe die which came with a selection of others, at extra cost,  to use as 'infills' or scenes. However, I did pause and then remembered that I've had a snow globe die for many years, although sadly with no matching infills.  I trawled through my large collection of Christmas-themed items - pulled out the said die along with another which appeared to be roughly the right size to fit the aperture and, although it came from a different source and at a different time, it was just right.  I used a snippet of silver pearl card to die cut the globe, a snippet of white for the deer and trees, a  snippet of blue paper for the background behind the scene and finally more smaller snippets of white for the sentiment and snowflake.  I did have to print a sheet of design paper for the backing but having trimmed a piece to fit I'm now left with snippets to use for another card.


Snowglobe - die from Crealy, many years old
Scene - an unbranded die 
Background - printed using a Buddly Crafts download set of papers

9 comments:

  1. That’s a lovely snow globe Christmas card made with your snippets.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for creating your lovely card with older sets and snippets too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How peaceful this looks in the soft blue colours along with the silver globe.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous snow globe and I love the wintry colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val
    Catching up with the world at last!! I am convinced that my days are much shorter than everyone else's!
    Well done on finding older sets that created such a lovely finished look and for culling a few more snippets!!!
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very pretty and I love the blue and white. Well done on using what you had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely snow globe and such a pretty scene - reminds me of Wedgewood! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete