Pages

Friday 2 December 2022

Seasonal Snippets

 I have a Christmas card for the latest challenge in the Snippets Playground - worth visiting today because the sun always shines there - allegedly - and we seem to have relentless fog for several days on the trot so it will be nice to see some sunshine. Of course the tree house is all lit up for Christmas so that should brighten things anyway, the big switch on was last night.

 As usual I've managed to make my card using snippets for everything apart from the card blank.  This is a side opening 7 x 5 card started by finding the snippet of patterned paper and trimming to size, followed by a white snippet which I streaked with some colour direct from a fairly old distress ink pad which wasn't too 'juicy'.  I then scrabbled through my smaller snippets of green, red and gold to die cut the poinsettia flower and leaves; finally stamping a greeting onto a snippet of white, fussy cutting and layering onto a piece of red.

Dies used - Tim Holtz Sizzix Holly and Poinsettia set


6 comments:

  1. A stunning card Val, I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeoues pointsettia card Val, nice to see you back in blogland

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Val - and I adore how you used both the holly as well as the poinsettia from the TH set of dies. One to remember next time I use my set - it truly is a lovely result.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Val. Very pretty die cuts and a good reminder to swipe background to great effect.

    Glad you liked the Playground Christmas lights. I saw you giggling in a corner with a couple of other girls! Hope you had a slide through the side tube too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a christmassy Christmas card Val! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Val, love the streaks and offset poinsettia xxx

    ReplyDelete