Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2022

Flowers

 Today's card is a floral one - a change from making cards for Christmas.  I was sorting out some of my older stamps recently - wooden ones which I rarely use these days and came across the crackle effect one which I've used to make a background for this card.  It's not that I don't have loads of patterned paper but I thought this would work to showcase the pretty flowers in their jars.  The jars were die cut from some dark blue pearlescent card scraps and the flowers from left over oddments of watercolour paper which I then coloured using Distress ink pens.  The sentiment was printed using the computer and die cut with a handy small rectangle die.


Dies - Tim Holtz floral set which included the jars
Stamp - Hampton Arts USA wooden stamp, years old

8 comments:

  1. A perfect background to show off those lovely jars of flowers. Still love my wooden stamps. I think the will outlast my clear ones by a long chalk! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Val, I love the effect of the crackle background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely floral card Val and love the backing paper

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always associated the crackle stamps with grunge, mixed media, but you have made a beautiful card with an almost oriental feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm playing catch up today, such a gorgeous card Val. I love the background stamp you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful birthday card with those vases of flowers! fun background too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love that background xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right about the crackle background which looks great as a backdrop to the pretty jars of flowers..just perfect! x

    ReplyDelete