Pages

Tuesday 18 May 2021

Lighthouse

 I've been revisiting quite a lot of stamps and stamp sets which have been in my stash for some considerable time and perhaps haven't been inked as often as they should.  After all I'm sure I felt they were 'must-haves' at the time and I guess I'm not alone in being guilty of not using them enough.  Thinking back I seem to recall this set was part of a class I attended a few years back where the price included a set of stamps so maybe they wouldn't have been my first choice but even so they were used quite a bit at the time.  Not really lighthouse weather today, very windy and dark with lashing rain as I'm typing this. 

To make this card I started out by die cutting an oval from a square of white card which I then embossed to give it some texture.  Another square was used to stamp the little scene to place behind and the lighthouse was stamped onto a scrap and fussy cut.  Simple greeting and that's another card for the box.


Stamps - High Tide Stampin' Up (retired)
Embossing Folder - Braided Lines from Crafts Too 

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Val. It may not have been weather to visit a lighthouse but a good time to have one for those ships out on the sea in it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, I have this stamp set and it is a great go to for masculine cards, your card is great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete