Pages

Sunday 27 December 2020

Oldies

 No I'm not talking about old folks but old stamp sets and other 'stuff' which I've had for varying lengths of time and some of which haven't seen the light of day for years rather than months or weeks.  Trawling through my collections I remember that these were all purchased because I really liked them and I've realised that on the whole I still like them so my aim is to give some of them an airing and try not to be tempted into buying more new 'stuff'.  Not sure how the resisting temptation thing will go, that remains to be seen.😉

This card started out from coming across an already stamped ornate label - and yes it was stamped a really long time ago.  We are back before the days of matching dies so it has been fussy cut.  This led me to finding the stamp set to see what else was included so that I could make up a card and I stamped the oval frame and added a sentiment before using an oval punch to cut it out.  The bird was also stamped and fussy cut.  I had a small scrap of already embossed cream card which I extended by adding a punched strip on the bottom.  The background was made by over stamping some flowers from another ancient stamp set onto a piece of paper which was part of a magazine freebie.  Finally backed with a scalloped square of matching card and there it is - a card made from a heap of oddments - I do love to challenge myself to use up the bits and pieces I have lying around.


Oval, fancy frame and bird - from Suitably Ornate stamp set Stampin' Up (long retired)
Background Flowers - stamps from Everything Eleanor Stampin' Up (long retired also)
Embossing - folder from Creative Expressions 
Punched Strip - border punch from Stampin' Up
Sentiment - freebie stamp which came with a magazine
Card and Ink - Cherry Cobbler also SU
Square dies - Tonic

2 comments:

  1. So pretty Val and well done you for using some older stash! Hope you had a happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, Val. A good plan to use some of your oldies. I have so many old wood mounted rubber stamps that I really ought to go through and use. Thanks for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete