Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Pixie Snippets Playground

When I die cut a window to make a scenic card recently I was left with four little rectangles of card - could I drop them into the bin??  No of course not, so this card is designed around those four white pearl snippets.  I found another die slightly larger and cut a  layer for each using snippets of red card and also stamped and embossed four ladybirds on other matching scraps.  The bug stamp set comes with an interesting text panel stamp so so I cut out a larger rectangle from the same set of jagged edge dies for this text, backing it with a plain red rectangle slightly larger.  A narrow fancy border strip was added to the mix and for the background I used a larger piece of text paper, over-stamped with some bees.  Everything on this card is a snippet apart from the card base and the large text background.  Mind you I am now left with a snippet of said text paper to use on something else - snippets breed more snippets - proven fact!!!

I know we aren't allowed out to play now but thank goodness for the virtual Playground provided by the lovely Di and which I imagine is quite large enough for us to visit and share with the others who visit regularly - keeping the regulation distance.  Di has made a super card in bright colours and of course the prize is equally super as always.


Ladybirds and Text Panel - Tim Holtz Entomology stamps and dies
Rectangle dies - Tim Holtz Sizzix dies

3 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Val, I love the stamps and dies that you've used.

    Keep safe and well
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val,
    I love this wonderful card and your super design.
    What a great use of snippets too.
    Love the Bee stamped background.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Val! I love the bugs and bees. Hope you're isolating OK.

    Hugs from afar

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete