Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Birds

I do like to have a few cards ready which aren't for any specific occasion and this is one which I made yesterday using dies which I have to admit hadn't  been out of their packet since I received them -  although I must say in my defence that wasn't too long ago! 

A piece of purple card was cut to size before embossing and the elaborate birds and flowers were cut from some white pearl card.  There are actually two dies which make up the circle and there is no outer cutting edge as such so once cut I then used a circular die slightly larger to form a frame.  There is also a small bird die in the set which I used as well and another die (not in this set) was used to cut the wording.  The circle was backed with some patterned paper cut out with the plain circle die and a border punch used with scraps of that paper to get some tiny flowers which I glued in the centres of the die cut flowers to add some interest.  The flowers are actually the 'waste' if the border die is used as intended and I usually rescue them whenever I punch a border but there were none of the right colour in my little 'pot of waste' which lives on my desk.


Circle Die - Noble pierced circles from Sue Wilson
Birds and Flowers - die from Crafter's Companion
Tiny mauve flowers - 'waste' from Docraft border punch
Sentiment - die from Crafter's Companion
Embossing - folder by Sue Wilson, pin point floral I think it is called

6 comments:

  1. Your card is just beautiful, Val. The die cuts are gorgeous and I love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Val and I love the delicate dies pretty colour too the dark background really shows up your white die cut

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Val. Lovely dies enhanced by the dark background. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val what a lovely card,such a pretty colour,beautiful work my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Val, I love the die that you've used too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val

    A very pretty card indeed.

    You have so many beautiful dies and always use them so well.

    Great colour choices too.

    Hope you are having a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete