Pages

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Black Poppies

They aren't in fact black poppies but they are stamped, embossed and coloured onto black card.  I stamped the image with Versamark and embossed with clear detail powder then coloured with pencils.  I quite enjoy a bit of quiet colouring and actually did a few while I was on a roll.  Background is paper printed from a CD and I just added a ribbon and simple banner sentiment. Any marks on the black area are down to the fact that my scanner glass needs cleaning - the card is pristine.

 It has been a reasonable day today although a bit dull but now it is looking as if we are in for yet another wet evening.



Image - stamp from Chocolate Baroque
Background - printed from Essence of Nature CD Artylicious
Banner - Stampin' Up stamp on Sue Wilson banner die cut
Pencils - Polychromos with just a touch of metallic pencil

11 comments:

  1. love your coloured-on-black poppies. coincidence, as I saw someone doing similar on Hochanda today....not something I've tried yet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beautiful card Val, very brave of you to stamp and colour on the black card, but it works. Weather here has been drizzle all day.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly are on a roll Val and I expect in real life your poppies are even more beautiful.. super card Val

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous and striking card this is set against the black, I love to colour too and you've done a great job with the poppies x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW so serene and beautiful to look at
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Val! I love all the texture and dimension and you colored those poppies perfectly!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely effect Val, looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Val,
    oh my this is so gorgeous, and those poppies are very beautiful.
    You have coloured them perfectly too.
    Love this wonderful card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a very striking card Val. I love the way you've coloured your poppies. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How different the poppies look done on the black card. Love the suptle shading. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card Val, very effective using the black card for these beautiful poppies. The background paper was always a firm favourite of mine, and goes so well with your focal image. Sorry that I haven't visited for such a long time, I will try to drop by more often in future, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete