Pages

Thursday 20 July 2017

Wildflower

Unfortunately we all need sympathy cards from time to time so I made this one to pop into my card box in the hope that it isn't needed anytime soon.  It has been made with a mixture of stencilling and die cutting along with some pretty paper from my stash.  I used the waste from a previously die cut wild flower to use as a stencil onto a circle of card before popping this behind a circular frame using a die I've had forever but hasn't been used for such a long time.  That came about from having a sort out of dies etc reminding me of what I actually have!!  The square was waste from a frame cut for another project and I cut the other wild flower from a scrap of white, sponging with distress ink to colour.  The die cut sentiment matches the square and is popped onto a couple of banners cut from bits in the scrap box. Unfortunately I've not been feeling up to par for a few days, hence no post since last Thursday - sorry.  Hopefully I'll be back to normal (whatever that is) soon.


Circle die - Marianne dies
Background Paper - Stampin' Up
Wildflower - Tim Holtz dies
Sentiment - Crafter's Companion dies
Banners - Sue Wilson dies

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful Sympathy card Val, I love the stencil and die together.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many great ideas shared here, Val! Thank you for that! Your card design is really sensational with the shadow image of a flower and then a die-cut flower! I'm sorry to hear that you've been poorly and I hope it goes away completely very soon!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Val love the mix of stencils and die. Hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful card Val and you've brought so many elements together. The colour is very pretty and the stencilling makes a lovely background inside that lovely frame.

    I'm sorry that you are not too well at the moment and hope that you'll soon be feeling better. Hugs, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val, I am playing catch-up with my blog reading and I'm very sorry to read that you were feeling under par when you wrote this post. I hope you are feeling much better now - sending you lots of get well soon wishes....and before I forget, love the tasteful design of your sympathy card. x Anne

    ReplyDelete