Pages

Monday 29 May 2017

Paper Transformed!

Each time I go through my designer paper pads looking for something suitable for a project I keep coming across some designs/colours I just don't seem to be able to use - either the colours or the designs (sometimes both) are too garish and 'in your face'.  Now the sensible amongst us would suggest either binning them or maybe taking to a charity shop in the hopes that someone else would love them.  Did I do that ...  NO!  I took a few of them out and gave them a thin coat of white gesso to take away the harshness of the colours and once dry I searched for a selection of texture stamps to overstamp and hopefully transform the papers into something usable.  You don't have to be mad but it helps!!  The original paper in this case was a bright pink, brown and garish green combination - ugh!!

Here is a card on which I've used one of these 'transformations'.  I stamped the quirky bird onto some kraft card and embossed with white detail powder; painted the image using Pixie Powders mixed with water; stamped the words onto cream card and cut them out into little strips; rooted out a set of ticket stamps with lots of options and made a little sentiment ticket - this is where the Misti has come in so handy - much more successful than early efforts with these stamps some years ago when it was very much hit or miss - lots of miss in my case even though they are clear stamps.  While I was tinkering around with gesso I transformed several pieces of designer paper so I'm sure you will see more cards in due course.

Stamp - from Steampunk Birds set Chocolate Baroque
Stamp Colouring - Pixie Powders mixed with a little water and painted
Small Words - from same set of stamps
Background Stamping - various texture stamps by Creative Expressions
Ticket - from Just the Ticket stamp set Imagination Crafts


1 comment: