Pages

Monday 10 April 2017

Butterflies

I like to try out a new die when I get it and so I've made this simple card using a cascading butterfly die - the sentiment had already been die cut and was lying around unused just waiting for a suitable card.  In hindsight (wonderful thing that) I think It would have been better if I'd maybe embossed the brown layer because it looks rather plain and even now I might just add some die cut corners.  I'm sure there are many more exciting ways of using this die set which I'm sure I will discover as I play with it.  I cut the outline die into the brown card which was then backed with a layer of gold before cutting the butterflies and their frame in cream Centura Pearl card.  The brown layer was slightly raised up so that the frame and butterflies would sort of drop inside.  This is quite a large die and would lend itself to being featured on a much larger card than I've used here. (this is a 5" x 7" card)

I've just looked at the theme for the butterfly challenge this time in case my card fits - of course it doesn't and I should really have read the butterfly post first!!


Butterfly die - Sue Wilson Cascading Butterflies
Sentiment - Crafter's companion die

4 comments:

  1. Shame it doesn't fit the butterfly challenge, but at least you have another lovely card made for a lucky someone's birthday!
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new butterfly cascade die is very pretty Val and you've made a lovely card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Val, the plain brown background showcases the die beautifully.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Val. I think the brown card looks gorgeous. I bought this die at Ally Pally on Saturday and haven't had a chance to use it yet so was very pleased to see your card and read how you made it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete