Pages

Sunday 26 March 2017

A Card at Last

Hopefully my computer glitch is now sorted and I can access  pictures to post this card for the Pixie Snippets fortnightly challenge.  The image on here is from a free set of stamps given away with a magazine (yes...again)  and this time there was an embossing folder although I've not used it here. The background is a fairly large snippet of card which had been printed quite a while ago using a gelli plate and acrylic paint.  This came to light when I was sorting out bits and pieces, reminding me that I've not used the gelli lately - sigh!!  I've used another square snippet which was embossed and sanded, snippets of white for the stamping, a snippet of red pearl card for the fancy oval and finally a little strip of embossed parchment - couldn't bear to throw that away.  There is a guest designer in the playground so do take a look at her lovely and clever card - there is still time to enter the challenge too if you fancy taking part.


Stamps - panda and sentiment free stamps with magazine
Embossing - Crafter's Companion folder
Ovals - white oval die from Stampin' Up, Red layer Spellbinders oval die

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Val, a great free stamp too. Glad to see that your PC is up and running again.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww - lovely card Val. LOVE Pandas!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is this little panda?! I love the gorgeous background papers too, April xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Val! I fell for that set too - so cute! Love how you combined the panda with reds, a lovely contrast. Thank you for the really kind words about the Playground, much appreciated and our Brenda did well didn't she!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not used the little girl panda yet and she's so sweet. I love all the elements of your card Val. It really is lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val

    Many thank for your lovely comment on my blog. Still haven't got my laptop up and running yet to see what is and isn't going to work for me yet. Too much work to get out of the way first.

    I did google to see if my printers would be compatible and it has said "no" to my main ones. But how that can be right I don't know because my hubby can print to them and he has W10.

    Perhaps they have brought out a new printer driver that I will be able to download. We shall see.

    Loving your cute card. Never used a gelli plate .. .. but they sound like fun.

    Have a good day and best of luck with W10.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete