Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Background Technique

I decided to have a go at producing the Bokeh effect on a background but instead of the usual circles I used a stencil which was in fact a piece of 'waste' card left after I'd die cut some flower shapes.  Distress stains were used to colour the card first in streaks and 'splats' and then the flowers were overlaid in a random fashion using  white gesso thinned with a little water.  I didn't want to cover too much of it so simply stamped the wording on top and added a die cut strip and some flowers as a border.  A technique with lots of possibilities I think!


Border dies - from Tonic
Flowers - Sue Wilson dies with Card Candi centres
Leaves - Sue Wilson ivy die

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Val, not a technique I've tried yet!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great Val, good idea to use the stencil, and I like the different effect with putting the white on first

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking bokeh background here Val! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent card Val. Love all those colourful splats etc. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Val, really like the way the watered down gesso has muted the background perfectly. What a great way to use all those pieces of card with negative shapes in..

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great and I love that you used a shape other than a circle. If you're tempted to make another one we have this technique as our challenge at House Of Cards this month, love to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the background, the flowers finish it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just spotted this Val (don't know how I missed it the other day). I love the background you've created with the splats and the bokah look. The flowers are gorgeous too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete