Pages

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Playing with Backgrounds

I spent some time yesterday playing with my recently acquired Brusho crystals (just had to try some when I spotted them at a show recently) and the pearly paint background technique and it certainly helped to take my mind off the horrible weather.  I used one of the pieces as a background on this third sympathy card.  The flower was stamped, coloured with alcohol pens and cut out so that it could be popped onto the oval which had the stem stamped.  The greeting was also stamped from the same stamp set.  Details below of items used.  Thankfully the sun is shining today although there is a definite chill in the air - winter woollies time I think although I think the thermals can stay in storage for a bit longer!


Background - Brusho crystals and pearl acrylic medium on watercolour paper
Dies - Tonic (purple),  Pierced oval Spellbinder, fancy tag Spellbinder
Stamps - from Stampin' Up Bloom with Hope set

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous background you have created Val using your new Brusho's....lovely die cut and pretty flower..you are right wnter woolies out

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours on this are gorgeous and the die fits in brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a gorgeous background you've created with the brushos Val. A beautiful card as well.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background Val, I know nothing about Brusho's so I think I'll have to look on You tube for a tutorial:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background Val..........We're doing the faux mother of pearl technique tonight at club and one of my samples uses Brusho crystals, don't they work well? Love the rest of your card as well.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning background you created Val. The colours are beautiful and a perfect setting for the lovely flower image.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete