Pages

Sunday 8 June 2014

Pixie Snippets Challenge 128

My card for this challenge on Pixie Snippets uses up some more pieces of card from my oddments boxes.  Incidentally I have been through these boxes and ruthlessly thrown out some of the really small bits and you wouldn't believe how difficult it was for me to do this as most of them were large enough to cut out the odd flower, sentiment tag etc.  Anyway back to the card - I cut out some rectangular pieces with matching scalloped layers and embossed the top layers before sticking them together and adding snippets of lace and ribbon (yes I have loads of these as well!!).  Even the background was the last square from a 12" sheet of paper and of course the flower and greeting were cut from more oddments.


Background - Tim Holtz vintage shabby paper
Rectangles - Spellbinder dies and Cuttlebug embossing folder
Flower - Marianne die and X-cut punches
Flourish - Marianne die
Sentiment - Britannia die

8 comments:

  1. A lovely card. Well done you on letting go of those bits and pieces. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colour & great design. Super use of scraps but I know what u mean about throwing bits out!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card! And I did giggle about throwing teeny snippets out - it almost becomes an obsession to keep even the teeniest one, JUST in case you never find that exact same shade of card ever again - quite apart from the feeling that (as you said) one could punch a couple of flowers or whatever from them! Sigh, I fear there's no cure for us though.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greaty snippets card. The EF is gorgeous and the colours you used are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you just HAVE to be ruthless with your teensy little snippets and it makes way for the more useable sized pieces. (Shh, don't tell Di I said that!).

    This snippets card is just lovely. Inking the embossing really shows it up well.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. a lovely card Val, great colours too - you're doing much better than me at using up all the bits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super snippets card Val, I love the colours and the lovely embossing folder. Well done for managing to actually throw some tiny snippets away, my boxes are stuffed full of tiny bits that might just come in handy one day!! The trouble is that no matter how many bits I use up I just keep making more.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Val. Just think, if we all got rid of our tiny snippets, we wouldn`t come on here to show off our cards lol.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete