Pages

Friday 30 May 2014

Today's Card

I started following the blog by Sue Wilson and she certainly posts some beautiful cards which are always quite elaborate and she also has videos from time to time.  One recent one showed how you can emboss using cutting dies and I decided to try it out for myself on this card.  I think now it is done that I should have gone for a larger card base but at the moment I've not launched into the 8 x 8 cards and don't actually have any. I smile to myself when I think that when I moved up to six inch square cards I felt it was a large space to fill!! I also think I will probably add pearls to the corners on this one but I do quite like the idea and will try it with some of my other dies.


Dies - Sue Wilson
Flowers - Stampin' Up stamp and punch set
Leaves - Crealies die
Sentiment - Computer generated

6 comments:

  1. This is totally gorgeous Val, love the colour and everything you have done here. I have done a few 8x8 but dropped back down as I am more comfortable with the smaller sizes. Flora xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Val and love the soft blue colours...great technique too

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Val, I love the mono colour. Must try this technique out, it looks fantastic.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stuning card Val, love that die and technique! I love watching Sue she makes it all sound achievable:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really beautiful card Val. And thank you so much for following me and popping by my blog and commenting today. You certainly made my day!

    ReplyDelete