Pages

Sunday 27 April 2014

Sailor Boy

I've used another image from Hobby House together with odd bits and pieces of card and paper from my desk to make this card for my great nephew whose birthday is next month.  I hope you are all having a good weekend and that your weather is better than here where it is cold and raining at the moment.


Image - Hobby House
Backing layer - Spellbinder die
Corner - Whimsy die
Number - X-cut die on punched Stampin' Up postage stamp shape
Bunting - Stampin' Up stamp and matching punch
Name -  set of small letter stamps 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous birthday card Val and love the image and colouring....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Val, he goes so well with your odd pieces of paper. The weather here is OK at the moment and the sun is there somewhere but struggling. I'm not expecting it to stay good though, if the forecast is anything to go by. A good day for crafting I think.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice card Val, lovely image and a change from the usual 'baby' type cards for a first birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bunting looks super with your great nephews name on it & I particularly like the way you picked the red from one of the dots on the patterned paper for matting that background panel. I like the way you scalloped edge around the '1' is reflected in the mat for the image panel too. Wet & dreary here - but I'm glad not to need to do any watering.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely image Val, I really like Hobby House images. A lovely card for your great nephew. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely image and the card you have made for your great nephew is fab
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smashing card Val, love your design. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card for your great nephew Val, love the little sailor boy and the bunting:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card for your nephew Val. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete