Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

House of Cards Shabby challenge

Well I'm not sure quite where this week has gone but I think I'm just about in time to scrape in with my card for the House of Cards SHABBY AND VINTAGE challenge. Again we are using the colour scheme of the month.  Background paper is from my stash and the postcard embossing folder by Sizzix seemed appropriate, along with a dress form taken from an artylicious CD to which I've added some die cut swirls and little yo-yo flowers which I made with some scraps of organza and beads.  A ticket sentiment and that's it for the challenge this week.  I was planning on popping out this morning but as it is raining steadily I think the craft room is a better bet!!  Have a good weekend whatever you might be doing.

I must apologise for the picture quality - too dark to take a photograph indoors, too wet outside so I've scanned it which tends to throw the background out of focus if there are raised elements.


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Val. Lovely colours. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yo-yo flowers look delightful & I love the way those colours work together - especially effective with those bright orange beads.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Val and just love your little yo yo flowers with beads...love your embossed background and great colour tones...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Val, I love your little yoyo flowers. Been to Cornwall this week, no phone signal most of the time and definatly no internet.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that embossing folder and the flowers are great. So glad you managed to fit us in, it wouldn't be the same without you! Thanks for coming back again to HOC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks beautiful and the colour choice looks great ,love the texture youbhave achieved too! A lovely card, hugstrace x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used the flowers to make a skirt!
    Thanks for playing along again at HoC
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is absolutely gorgeous! The colors are so elegant and deep--and I LOVE those fabulous flowers! Thanks for joining us at HOC!!! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely creation - great use of challenge colors!
    Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

    Alica

    ReplyDelete