Pages

Thursday 5 April 2012

Simply Stampin Colour Challenge

My second post in two days - hiope I can keep up now - the dull weather does help as I don't feel the urge to get outside!! This week the team on Simply Stampin have set us a colour challenge which is always fun.  As is often the case I don't always have exact colours but I did have the Wild Wasabi and White so had to improvise by using Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron for the other two.
I decided to use a two step flower stamp from Fast and Fabulous, some SU backing paper from my stash and card in the colours suggested.  The lacy border was cut with Spellbinders border dies.  The greeting was from SU Birthday stamp set and is mounted onto a Nestability label.


12 comments:

  1. Love this colour combination..pretty card Val and I love the border punch is it new?

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely Val, and congratulations on the two-step stamping, far better than I usually manage

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Val, the colours go so well together. I've only got a couple of the borders from spellbinders and these came with the sets, I really like the one you've used, I'll have to go and have a look at the borders again.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, feminine card! Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron were fab substitutions, they work so well!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week and I hope you'll play along with us again soon!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour substitutions you've made, thats what we like to see, thinking on your feet.
    The stamped image has a great softness to it!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin'
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super with your double layering of the image panel picking up the stamping colours & I love the way you used that border.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous Val. Just love the colours and that border die is lovely - which one is it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card Val, this stamp set works perfectly with the colour combo! Thanks for joining in with this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely stamp .... And card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card,I love all your extras little touches like the green pearls. Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colour combo and fab stamping Val! The border die is lovely, have a lovely Easter weekend:D
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Val and love the border. Hugs xChrisB

    ReplyDelete