Pages

Friday 15 April 2011

Less is More Week 10

Well I've had such a hectic week and I've only just about made it with my Less is More challenge this week which is to make a one layer card with emphasis on the sentiment.  I decided to make a scrapling this time  - for those who may not know (and I didn't until recently) this is a small card made from the scrap left over when you cut a square card from an A4 sheet.  Yet again I've been tempted by a set of free stamps on a magazine - these are from Pink Petticoat and this is just one of the sentiment ones stamped with Versafine and coloured with Copic pens.  This was incredibly quick to make but would you believe that as I was putting the stamp back in the packet I dropped it into my rubbish bin which was full of all the usual tiny scraps of paper, backing strips from  DS tape and all the other scrappy bits I throw away.  As the bin was quite full it took me far longer to find the tiny clear stamp than it did to make and colour the card!!
 

11 comments:

  1. Lovely CAS design, very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is different Val. I've never heard of a scrapling either but it's an interesting concept. Now all you've got to do is make an envelope to fit!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike - I ended up with those stamps too! Really effective. It's never the big things you drop in the bin is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this little card... that's one cute image!
    You made it in time so that's all that matters!
    See you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the times I drop things in my bin LOL
    This is very effective, I LOVE all the white space!
    Thanks Aquarius
    mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is clever and cute -the tidy up timesounds a bit like me - a grand clear up means scooping anything up that stays still! Hm, I have lots of scraplings - I think they would make good book marks don't you? Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val ... Lovely little card, a great way of using scraplings! i too have these stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the free \pp stamp, 'and off cuts' I have yet to ink mine up . My cats are forever lying on my desk and I always have to check my bin before chucking it out LOL
    I even found a nestie in there one day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way of using all the left overs up!It's a lovely stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great LIM card - great idea! Have you been over to the CBDT this morning? There's a nice surprise for you! Thanks for your comments - what a good idea of Glenda's! ikki x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't these LIM cards great and I love this one Val. Congratulations on your win and enjoy your new stamps. Sorry, but I had a chuckle over your dropped stamp! Been there, done that ..... you know! Ha! Ha!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete