Pages

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Simply Trees

This card uses one of the stamps from Stampin Up's Lovely as a Tree set and the sentiment is from their Trendy Trees set on a window punched shape.  I masked off the top and bottom of a piece of white silk finish card and using a shaving brush swooshed (technical term!)  some Distress inks in a narrow band, then removed the masking and stamped the trees  in black Versafine.  Sometimes less is more so I kept the whole card simple and just added some gems and the sentiment. The mark which shows up on the bottom corner of the black card is a reflection from the inside of my scanner - this happens sometimes with certain colours of card and seems to be unavoidable but I have made a note to clean the scanner glass which I now realise also needs doing - sorry!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this card Val - stunningly simple and elegant. It's one of my favourite stamp sets from SU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Lovely as a Tree stamp set and it's one of my favorites. Love your simple but classy card and the way you used the small nestie label behind the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete